Monday, December 14, 2009

Architectural Digest - 2 images


I read several interior decor magazines.
I don't always buy Architectural Digest
but I did pick up the January, 2010
issue.

There are 2 images from the pages
of the magazine that struck me.

The first image is of an airy
white apartment in Beirut with 4 pictures
of trees suspended on wires in
the living room (see p. 89).
Architecture-Kohn Pedersen Fox.
Interior Design -Joe Serrins Studio.
The trees remind me of my recent
tree trunk series. The second
aspect of this apartment that
struck me was the large relief map
made of gypsum plaster forming the ceiling.



The second image that struck me
was of a patterned fabric on a sofa
in a client's wood-panelled library (p.163).
The colour reminded me of a paint
colour I often use called "hydrangea
pink" and it is just this side of peach.
The sofa fabric looks Persian and
is from Stark. Interior Design-
Hein and Cozzi.

Hope that you enjoy these
images.

Have a stay-open-to-your
environment kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment