Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kelly Wearstler 2009

HUE012009 HUE2a2009

HUE2b2009


HUE032009

HUE042009

My Christmas gift to myself was
the newest release of a book
on interior design by top American
designer Kelly Wearstler.
Titled "Hue", I waited to
open it until Christmas
morning.

The book did not dissappoint me.
It has virtually no text and a
wealth of images/pictures of her work.
I enclose a few shots of her style.

Think bold colour (pink, yellow, aqua, blue)
or organic neutrals (black, taupe, ivory),
rich materials like marble and onyx and gold,
bold contemporary art, vibrant wallpaper
and fabric and vintage furniture. She
also has a taste for opulent objets d'art.

The book covers residential and hotel
projects. The style has been dubbed
Hollywood Regency.

I hope that you enjoy these
images. I am reading and re-reading
the book (Kelly Wearstler, "Hue",
Ammo Books).
Have a 2010-in-sight type
of day.
Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment