Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Studio tour 2009

I thought I would share my workspace with you.
These are a few shots of the space.
I have a table for sketching and painting.
My selection of folk art acrylic paint is
stored in a bin. Looking through the colours
is always inspiring.
studio022009

On the right of the desktop are my brushes and more paint.

studio032009


The print of the loon over the table
is an inuit art print by artist Kenojuak
Ashevak.

I rely on bulletin boards to keep abreast
of current work.

studio042009


studio062009

On another wall is a collection
of some of my early folk art work
framed.

studio052009


I also have a filing cabinet for all of
my 4 x 6 photographic images
and 2 computers (not shown).
I have thousands of photographs now.
My filing cabinet is bright yellow.

I use my own photos, as well as
fashion and interior design magazines
and art books for inspiration.

A recent piece I found inspiring
was the cover of a journal
picked up from the drugstore
featuring a bird and mandelas in pinks
and greens (see below).
Inspiration comes from
really "seeing" the world
around you and taking it in
and processing it purposefully.

SDMcover2009
Hope you enjoyed seeing
some shots of my workspace.
Have a work-on-beautifying-
your-environment kind of day.

Helen.







No comments:

Post a Comment