Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Russian dolls 2009

lunenberg032009
lunenberg042009


Dear Everyone:

I am procrastinating today.
I started a series of folk art paintings of
birds and have a couple of pieces
finished but am hitting a block on
doing any more of them at the moment.

I was browsing through a binder of
my work and came across these 2 images
of Russian dolls in a window. They look
charming and with the brightly coloured patterns
look festive to me.

They remind me a bit of 2 photographs by
nationally recognized, award-winning
Nova Scotia photographer
Margot Metcalfe. See some of her work
at http://www.secordgallery.com/. Click on artists.
Click on Margot Metcalfe.

I hope that you enjoy these 2 images.
I am just mulling over whether to do a folk art
painting of them.


Have a generous-hearted kind of day.

Helen.






No comments:

Post a Comment