Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pink Motion 2009

pinkmotion012009
pinkmotion022009

pinkmotion032009

pinkmotion042009
pimkmotion052009

Well. I studied Freeman Patterson's motion
technique again. Freeman is an internationally
recognized photographer residing in New Brunswick.
He teaches photography workshops and is a
prolific author. My resource is his book
'the garden' 2008 -Toronto: Prospero Books.
He doesn't quite do my recent abstracts.
So I slowed down the motion of the camera
for these shots and am thrilled with the results.

My shots remind me of some powerful work
by a photographer named Karen Rowantree.
The Jo Beale gallery in Peggy's Cove,
Nova Scotia exhibits her work
The work my shots are reminiscent of is
from a series named Wind Study by Rowantree.
Gallery owner Jo Beale is a fine artist in
her own right and the gallery is on
the ground floor of her home.

The motion on my shots creates a bit of a
spinning effect like Rowantree's wind.
Hope that you enjoy these images.

Have a do-small-acts-of-kindness
kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment