Sunday, November 29, 2009

Leopard Glen 2009

quartermainep.87

This piece is all about the colour.
Taupe and lilac and apple green.


I first saw taupe and lavender/lilac
together on the pages of the book
about British fabric designer Carolyn
Quartermaine named Carolyn
Quartermaine Revealed (p.86,p87).
(see above)


I thought it looked marvelous and
whenever I think of re-decorating
my home it is one of the colour
combinations I favour.



BrinsonHB2010


Imagine my delight when the

Dec./Jan. 2010 issue of

House Beautiful featured

taupe and lilac on the front cover

and inside the issue on a feature

article on the home of Atlanta

designer Jill Brinson (see above).



I decided to do a folk art piece
with the colourway (see below) and so
that was the process I went through.
I added apple green.


leopardglen2009

Hope that you enjoy this image.


Have a pay-attention-to-the-
steps-on-the-way kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment