Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pines

treeandrocks09
standingpinesvertical2009

I felt inspired to do a folk art painting this morning.

I find drawing and painting very pleasant and sort of soothing/contemplative.
I am posting 2 images of pines.
They remind me of cottage country and seem suitable
for summer.

Both paintings are made from my own photographs and a
photograph of my mother's. This avoids copyright issues for me.
The standing pines image is from yesterday's photo. The tree and rocks
is a juxtaposition of my mother's photograph of the rocks at Peggy's cove
and one of my own photos of a local pine tree. It is meant to represent
a tree growing on an island in cottage country. Awkward and
stunted by wind off the water.
I love being creative. What a great way to start off
my birthday today.
Have a surge-of-creativity-kind-of-day.

Helen.




No comments:

Post a Comment