Thursday, August 6, 2009

Decorating


I had to share this.

I have been assisting a young, stylish 30 something
friend with some ideas for decorating her condo.

She loves red and has a red sofa.

I proposed lavender, red and grey and white for her
living room. For her master bedroom I proposed
lavender and red and white or shades of purple and white.
As it happened she had a metallic purple comforter for
her bedroom already and so we were off to a good start.

Imagine my shock when I saw this colour combination
yesterday in a current issue of a shelter magazine
(Veranda). It was an advertisment for a wallpaper
from Osborne and Little. It is quite a striking wallpaper-
see enclosed.

Wow. I guess we were on the right track
with our colour schemes. I hadn't seen lavender

and red put together in an interior prior to this ad.

Have a pleasant-surprises-add -years-to
your-life kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment