Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Decorating cont'd

MBRtake42009

I have been contributing ideas to a friend's
decorating project.

She is a stylish 30-something and likes moody colours
such as red and purple and sepia brown.

I saw a lovely black bedroom at a private home recently
and thought my friend might like one.

I have worked up an idea sheet and in addition
to black incorporated green and lavender (see above).

The green mirror is from Anthropologie as seen in
the recent issue of House Beautiful. The green area rug
is from a Canadian rug company named sourceuk.
(see http://www.sourceuk.ca/). Sourceuk was founded
by designer Kate Thornley-Hall and features rug designs
by Canadian artists.

The art is one of my own photographs and
the fabric is some I had on hand.

Hope that you enjoy viewing this project.

Have a welcome-the-unexpected kind of day.
Helen.







No comments:

Post a Comment