Thursday, June 11, 2009

Starlet Flowers

starletrhododendron1a2009
starletrhododendron02a2009

starletrhododendron3a2009


starletpoppy1a2009



starletpoppy2a2009




starletpoppy3a2009





starletiris2a


starletiris1a2009

starletbluebell01a2009

Well, photography is a puzzling medium with
which to express oneself.
Went out to shoot earlier in the week. Shot floral photographs
both in the studio and outdoors. Printed the shots out on my
home computer and was a bit shocked to see that I had nothing.
None of the shots worked.
Stubbornly I selected 2 vista shots of a local garden to
put on my bulletin board but they certainly didn't work
as fine art shots.

Yesterday I went out to shoot again and in my estimation
landed about 8-10 shots I was pleased with. I can't figure
out why one day was a complete bust and then a second
day I had some success.
I think I was trying too hard on the day
that didn't work. You can't force a shot.
In my opinion it either works or it doesn't.

Your eye either recognizes a great shot or it doesn't
as far as I am concerned.

The real talent lies in composing the shot.

So I have enclosed the floral photographs from my second day
that I am pleased with.

See what you think.


Have a hoping-to-have-success day today.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment