Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Since I've been focussing on folk art and photography I

sometimes find that images come to me as I fall asleep.


My favourite image that arrived this way is of a

folk art bear.


Betsy Dillard Stroud writes in her kit

on creativity "The Artist's Muse"

the following-


"To those removed from the artistic life,

the word creative might imply a world far, far

away-a distant plane inhabited by only the most

gifted artists. Enigmatic, unreachable and unreachable.

Elitist.


Let me assure you. Being creative is a natural gift

accessible to all. To be creative you simply open

a door, the door of the subconscious mind, and

allow thoughts and images to emerge unedited

Then of course you must challenge yourself

by taking action."


This quote resonated with me.


I hope that you enjoy the painting

of my folk art bear.


Have a swamped-with-creativity day today.


Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment