Monday, April 20, 2009

STREWN PETALS

It is funny. I developed a pretty clear idea of how I wanted to
introduce my blog, what to put in the artist profile and which picture to use
of myself.
Today, I thought well it is Day Two with this blog and what on earth
is my content going to be. I had lots of choices and so it took some
thinking on how to proceed.
I have decided to share my strewn petals shots. These shots are of
wilted petals strewn across a table. The inspiration for these shots
came from a British textile and furniture designer named
Carolyn Quatermaine. In her book "Carloyn Quatermaine Revealed'
she displays a table with blooms strewn across it. also see her web-site
My shots inspired an acqaintance -painter Flora Doehler of Bear River
to relate them or associate them to the story of Miss Haversham,
in Charles Dickens' novel "Great Expectations". Miss Haversham is jilted
at the altar. She doesn't recover from this and preserves the day
for instance by wearing her wedding dress and not removing it
and leaving her room intact with all of the wedding preparations for
the rest of her life.
See what you think. You might have your own associations:




My last strewn petal shot is an extreme close-up. So far this image

has elicited a favourable response from viewers.

1 comment:

  1. Helen, Congratulations on your blog!

    I think your photos here are so delicate and I'm glad that you introduced me to that designer too. I see her strong influence in the photo you sent me of your hallway and painting on the wall.

    I will look forward to watching your blog.

    ReplyDelete