Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Sample of Work

I've been creative all of my life. Writing, art collecting, and interior decorating are longstanding pursuits. More recently in 2006, I developed a passion for photography and in 2007 began making folk art pictures.

Here I include a sample of my work.

I have been inspired in floral photography by British flower and garden photographer Clive Nichols and American floral photographer, Christopher Beane. Beane might be the best floral photographer in the world.

Here are two examples of my floral photography:

Columbine chaos 2008 represents a certain random and chaotic tumbling appearance I enjoy taking rather than a formally posed flower studio portrait.






Wilted lily represents the fragile beauty of a daylily in the final stages of its life. I enjoy taking pictures of flowers from buds to wilted dry blooms. Christopher Beane and Clive Nichols both include decaying flowers as subjects. This is not everyone's cup of tea, and pushes boundaries a bit.


I sometimes screech to a halt when driving, and do a rapid u-turn when I see a perfect image. I was struck by this image close to sunrise of a harbour close to where I live. The sky and water looked like molten silver. Hope you enjoy this image.





My last two introductory images are my folk art. These are recent images painted from my own photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment