Thursday, April 23, 2009

chyrsanthenum series

Yesterday, I screeched to a halt at the grocery store when I
noticed some pots of chrysanthenums. A pink and salmony brown
shade the flowers almost looked as if they were going over.


I was loaded down with groceries and decided to pass on them.
Well, a few hours later I found that the idea of doing
some photography with the chyrsanthenums was weighing on my mind.

When an impulse to purchase persists I listen to it whether it is clothes, art,
a gift for someone or a bouqet for my photography work, as in this instance.
After a bit of thinking I decided to rush back to the store and buy them
before they were thrown out or discarded by the store.

When I got home with them I took a series of shots immediately
and am very pleased with the results. See what you think.

These are 10 of my favourite images.

chrys012009

chrys042009
chrys052009



chyrs092009 chyrs102009
chrys112009
chrys122009
chrys14009

I'm glad that I returned to the store. There are some memories of items that persisted in my mind that I didn't go back for and obtain and those still bug me.

To my eye-these chyrsanthenums-I have 40 shots in total would make a great exhibit.

chrys132009
chry162009


I hope that you enjoy these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment