Thursday, March 21, 2013

March poems 2013

Dear Everyone:

We had a blizzard yesterday. I stayed
inside cosy and warm and wrote poems.

Here are the results of my efforts.

UNAWARE

Do you know your own beauty
When you look in the mirror do
you see an accurate self-reflection
Wouldn't destiny be cruel if you
couldn't recognize your own good looks
At 90 would you look back and say
"you know I think I was pretty but I
never realized it before now"
Do you listen to compliments or
do you brush them off
Advice to a younger self-
look, listen and breathe
Breathe in your own beauty
Own it
Noone else can own your beauty but you
Appreciate what you've been given
This isn't a dress rehearsal
for your life
Live your beauty fully now
Beauty has its own privileges


THE SOPHISTICATE

You seem dashing
Where did you get your sophistication
you mentionned coming from a small town
Off to Havana to shoot photographs
Do girls follow you around
You don't seem to realize your
charm and wit
I can't tell you
The 30-year age gap is prohibitive
Would my flattery seem unsuitable
I don't want to be inappropriate
You are a much younger man
I can picture you living in
New York or Paris
Stretch your wings and fly now

FRIENDSHIP

You reassured me
Used your own experience and
wisdom to allay my fears
What a generous friend
Generous-hearted
When it is my turn I
hope I can repay the kindness
The universe has been kind lately
We chat and chat heart to heart
You know me warts and all
I can say pretty much anything
about myself without shocking you
When I have an achievement you
are my cheering section
When I am sad you comfort me
Like a diamond our friendship sparkles
Let's polish it and keep it in good order

STARLET

At 20 you have conquered the world
A double threat as an actress and singer
I hear also that you are designing a fashion line
You're just off dating someone equally famous
Fame follows you and dissuades most suitors
Your appearance still has a bit of
the chubbiness of childhood
You haven't grown into a
woman's body yet
Do paparazzi stalk you
It comes with the territory
Bravo in your accomplishments
I wish you well however
you might have to re-invent yourself
over and over to keep the success coming

Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment