Thursday, March 21, 2013

Further March poem 2013


Dear Everyone:

The blizzard ended outside but I kept on
writing poems.

Here is one further poem:


LIKE SOPHIA

As your friend I can tell you that
you have a fetching figure
I wonder... do men stare or
follow you around
Do you always get catcalls
in the street
I can see where a shapely body
might be a burden
You might be tempted to wear
baggy clothes to hide your assets
I read recently that a woman similiarly
harassed started an organization
to address it
Please take pride in your appearance
and don't let anyone take that
away from you
Your figure isn't the slim,
boyish type of fashion models
You have alot of curves
More Sophia Loren than Twiggy
Women might be jealous
Men captivated
Don't alter a thing
Just be yourself
Ignore the attention if it
makes you uncomfortable
Walk head held high into
your very promising future


Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment