Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Gratitude poem 2013

Dear Everyone:

Here is my latest poem.

GRATITUDE

I want to retire
I have a day job
I'm 34 years old
But perhaps if I spend all
day waiting to be off work
then I'll miss a good chunk of my life
on automatic pilot
putting in time
Is it popular to wish to leave
the workforce
Perhaps there is another way
Appreciate the present
Finding the positives even gratitude
for having paid employment
I don't want to role model resentment of my job
to my kids
If I live for vacation, sick days and
time off I'm not setting a good example
Maybe I'm one of the fortunate
to be able to earn a living
Certianly something to think on
Join me in gratitude why don't you
There doesn't that feel better
I'm going to stop counting
the days to retirement age.


Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment