Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day: An Ode to Romantic Love 2010

mannequin012010


Above all else Valentine's Day celebrates romantic
love.

Here are several of my poems of the same bent:


"You are the sentiment of my heart"

"Every time I see you a poem rises
to my lips"

"I've been gathering towards this
moment here with you all of my life"

"I love you to the point of heartbreak"

"My feelings for you are non-refundable"

"When you are away from me it is like
a night without stars"

"Life with you is like a conversation
that never gets dull"

"You are like a poem on the landscape
of my heart"

"Your love is ever varied- it is both
soothing and energizing, urgent
and calm, it is both danger and safety"

"I would like to make love and
tangle up my limbs with yours"

"When we are apart I miss
you to the point of loneliness"

Whisper to me, whisper to
me in the night
When all is still, whisper to me
whisper to me words of love

Last night-I dreamed of you
in water, wet


Hope your heart is full
for Valentine's Day.

Have a pink-and-red hues kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment