Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blue room February 2010

antonytodd-blue room2010

Dear Everyone:


I check into about 12 blogs once a day
or so.

I saw a highly inspiring room on one
of my favourite blogs (habituallychic.
blogspot.com) this morning posted
yesterday (08/02/2010).
The room is featured as it is blue
and blogger and interior designer
Heather Clawson was showing
a collection of images of blue rooms.

I have no information on the
room other than that it is by
Antony Todd.

Look at the deeply saturated
turqouise wall colour. The furniture
makes me think of the white stucco
walls of the houses of the Greek islands
against the turquoise sea. The sisal rug
is casual underfoot. The lamp is over-sized
and almost looks like a statue on a plinth.
The coffee table looks like 2 leather ottomans.
The 2 occasional chairs introduce an earlier
aesthetic. Just a perfect room.

This room made me lose my breath
when I saw it.

Hope that you enjoy this image.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment