Friday, January 8, 2010

Play 2010

Iconiccolumn2010n

Churchspire2010n


Nativityangel2010n

Dear Everyone:
I have been playing the last day or two.
I received a new digital camera
as a hostess gift this week. The camera
is mini and is wallet-size. This makes
it very portable. A Nikon it is model
CoolpixS570. So far my impression
is that the richness of colour and fineness
of clarity are exemplary.
See some of my first shots.


abstract012010

Then I have been playing with different
brands, colours and viscosities of acrylic
paint in preparation for taking a course
next week. See abstract012010 for
a new piece with some of these paints.

I'm not taking these pieces
too seriously. So far, I favour
Pebeo brand extra fine artist's
colour from De Serres. It glided on
smoothly and seemed to have a
bit of a sheen to it.
Have a light-hearted day
today.
Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment