Thursday, January 14, 2010

Laura Hollick class 2010

Dear Everyone:

I enrolled at and listened
to a teleclass this evening
by soul artist Laura Hollick
of Soul Art studio
(http://www.soulartstudio.com/).
Laura is a guide and teacher of
creativity and spirituality,
working and living in Hamilton, Ontario.


In this teleclass she asked us
to identify or recognize our deepest
wants and desires, our dreams.
Then she directed us to identify
our obstacles and source of resistance.

Next she asked us to identify
the metaphor capturing the
role of spirit in our dreams.
Mine was self-expression and fear.

Last she directed us to bridge
between our wants - an expression
of spirit and the real outside world
she labelled earth expresion.
How to make our ideas become
physical reality.

As an immediate assignment she wanted us
to take one step of expressing
our spirit on earth and moving
towards actualizing our wants
and desires.

My dreams were exhibit my art,
develop a web-site, and have an
art gallery in a storefront in
a downtown area.

My fears and obstacles
were how to develop my skills,
lacking a large audience,
lack of money to launch
my dreams, health issues,
and wondering how to
develop ability at sales.

Bridging between the dreams
and real world included doing
larger pieces of art in a studio
space and learning to do
more abstract pieces with layers
of paint.

Laura labelled the teleclass
"shifting your shit'. It
was a bit of a preview of a 2 day workshop
she is holding Jan 30th -31st
at her Soul Art studio titled
"Launch". How to transform
yourself and start self-actualizing.

She appears to know what
she is doing!

For my immediate
homework I started playing
with layering paint and applying
paint more heavily to introduce
texture. See image below.



assign012010

I guess I am going to try

to re-arrange my home studio

to be able to work on larger pieces.

I highly reccommend Laura.

She seems knowledgeable and competent.

Have a self-actualizing-

kind of day today.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment