Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bird Series-Eagle


Have started a series on birds. Doing preliminary sketches
as shown here of an eagle.

Found 2 fantastic illustrated field guides on birds at
a secondhand bookstore and cafe called
Biscuit House in Mahone Bay.

I plan to do folk art paintings of roughly 25 birds.
The birds I grew up with in Southern Ontario
in my childhood.

I am growing more interested in wildlife
conservation. Am following the accomplishments
of the World Wildlife fund (http://www.worldwildlife.org/).

This organization works internationally to protect
endangered species of animals.

As well, locally I am following the Nova Scotia
Nature Trust (nsnt.ca) . This latter organization
purchases and acquires through donation private
land to protect habitat for wildlife- flora and fauna.

Have an eco-friendly kind of day.
Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment