Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Serious runners only" poem 2013

Dear Everyone:

Here is my latest poem.

"SERIOUS RUNNERS ONLY"

Runners or joggers
What's the distinction
I like the sound of the former
It has some weight and
heft to it
Joggers sounds almost frivolous
Is speed the difference
Do joggers mince
While runners pelt
Do joggers slog along-perhaps
beginners to the past-time
While runners fly along
effortlessly- old-timers
I see the titles of the running magazines-
Canadian Running, Running Times, Running World
The term jog doesn't appear
I pick up a bodybuilding magazine-only
for serious bodybuilders it says
What is the boundary between flirting
with the sport and being a serious bodybuilder
As well, when is a runner considered
serious
One writer said "one mile or
100 miles you are all runners"
I can embrace that

Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment