Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recent poems 2013

Dear Everyone:

Some recent poems.

GRAVEYARD TONIC

The graveyard sat, heavy on my mind
I noticed a gravestone for an
infant who died at one year
Artifical flowers serenaded
the graves
I find it peculiarly peaceful
Like a meadow in nature
but this is man-made
The willow trees drape
and fold
I might wander round fighting
sleep and study it all
Honouring the dead comes
easily to me
The phrase "my final resting place"
repeats over and over
I'd have a view of the neighbourhood
where I ran and took countless
photographs of surging flowers
I'd better draft my instructions
Do honour my wishes


Helen.


RECKLESSNESS

The sky is your umbrella
The ground your double bed
Keen and wail for the lost
chances
Dash forward to grab a dime
Pennies have been discontinued
A picture paints a thousand words
You just need one to capture
how you are feeling
I like the term "bloated"
All puffy and waterlogged
you've been swimming in the ocean
Are you chilled
Only surfers in wetsuits
brave the waves
You swam without a
lifeguard
Recklessness is your
middle name
I wonder what's next

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment