Saturday, September 12, 2009

September Muse 2009

Septmuse2009



I am mulling over the process of creativity.





Betsy Dillard Stroud, in her book "The Artist's
Muse:Unlock the Door to your Creativity"
writes:



"Let me assure you. Being creative is a
natural gift accessible to all.
To be creative, you simply open a door,
the door of the sub-conscious mind, and
allow thoughts and images to emerge unedited."



The key is how to open that door.

Her book attenpts to assist.



My experience has been that I
have a muse that sends me images.


I see pictures in my mind that
just emerge with no conscious thought.





My image yesterday was the decor of a room
with pink strie walls and 4 modern armchairs
upholstered in a white fabric with red coral branches.



My favourite image to emerge as I was falling
asleep is of a bear. I painted this bear last year
or the year before.



So try to be receptive to your muse.



Above is a folk art drawing of a muse
and if you believe in muses you know
that they are celestial beings.



Have a open-the-door-to-your
-creativity kind of day.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment