Monday, May 4, 2009

Foggy Day

foggyday012009

Well, I woke up to a foggy day this Sunday.
I thought "oh" "this kiboshes my picture-taking for the day".



Then I thought-well why not try to capture the fog in my
photographs.


A few shots turned out. I am particularly pleased
with the image of the trees and their reflections
in the water in the fog/mist (above).



Hope that you enjoy these images.



foggyday022009
foggyday032009

foggyday042009
foggyday052009
foggyday062009

Freeman Patterson in his book "the garden" writes of the mists obscuring the trees near his house as follows:
"Near dawn on early spring mornings, the difference in temperature between
the cold, frozen earth and the wamer air that has caused the snow to melt often produces ground mists. These mists which obscure the more distant trees in the woods behind my house, usually soften the entire landscape for hours. When the sun rises unseen above the distant horizon, it briefly transforms the somber. delicate greys into vibrant golds. As it ascends it gradually
dilutes these intensely warm hues to the palest creams. Finally, it emerges as a ghostly orb on a milk-white sea. Then the mists twirls itself into strands and wisps and dissolves forever".
This is a lesson for me. Embrace fog and mist rather then seeing
them as a hindrance to photography.
Helen.

3 comments:

  1. i like the first photo very much. It's foggy and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a quite good picture. where you get that??.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the first picture.
    I shot it just outside Halifax.

    Helen.

    ReplyDelete