Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"A" is for anger poem

Dear Everyone:

Here is a recent poem. It does not
describe any one person but a combination
of different individuals known to me.

"A" is for Anger poem

Your anger exists on a hair trigger
You seem to believe that
people are out to get you
You ricochet through life
like a boulder falling down a cliff-face
The "A" words suit you-angry, assertive,
abrasive, aggressive
The flip side of the rage seems
to be sensitivity
Sort of like a child you
appear vulnerable
Sometimes I tiptoe in your presence
I'm fearful of triggering you
A trail of failed relationships follows you
This much estrangement sends up
warning flags
Where did it start
Another "A" -an alcoholic father
All I wish for you now is harmony
I wonder if it could blanket you
in peace
It's worth a try, anything is


Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment