Sunday, February 10, 2013

Craving Beauty Poem 2013

Dear Everyone:

Here is my latest poem.


CRAVING BEAUTY

I gulp down fashion and interior
magazines like water in a desert
The images nourish me
Sometimes they spark creative impulses
I don't buy the goods inside
except on rare occasions
There is no practical use to the images
They simply feed a quest for beauty
They make me feel connected to beauty
Collecting art does the same mission
Painting my walls a kaleidoscope of
colours also suffices
I crave beauty
I photograph beauty-
conventional or not
An industrial tower fronted by daylilies
A black and white image of maple leaves
Close-ups of dahlias in the public gardens
A young woman with startling pink hair
Lastly, I paint
Someone trying to find the thread
connecting my interests might falter
It is clear to me if no-one else
It is beauty
Poetry captures it, as well
Do read on.



Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment