Thursday, October 6, 2011

Flowers are Inedible 2011

Groceryblooms#12011

Groceryblooms#22011



Groceryblooms#32011



Groceryblooms#42011



Groceryblooms#52011



Groceryblooms#62011



Dear Everyone:


I was recently in my grocery

store and saw masses of flowers

on stands. This seemed out of place

amongst the foodstuffs

until I thought that open-air farm

markets often have fresh flowers

along beside the vegetables and fruit.

At any rate I am writing poetry

and so share my poem and photos

of this subject.




Flowers are Inedible


In clear sight of the vegetables

Blooms behind cellophane

massed on stands

Unexpected
Florist in a grocery store

Orchids, roses, carnations

Do you have a special occasion

Blooms in a grocery store

Inedible, but luscious

Take me home


Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment