Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two New Pieces 2010

Yellowwallflowertriptych2010
Photocollage#22010


Dear Everyone:

I have two new pieces to show
you.

The first is my wallflower
series. The term wallflower
refers to being personally
sidelined by illness.

In this piece I use my own
photograph of a dahlia as a backdrop.
Laid the backdrop on a horizontal
surface like a table or desk,
scattered fresh cut flowers
across the image and photographed it.

The yellow flowers beckoned to me
at the grocery store florist section
and this dahlia backdrop spoke to
me for this piece. The yellow flowers
glowed like sunshine.

The wallflower images are
shown in a triptych with some
text. The text is from a recent
photograph of a storefront with
text covering the surface of the
window.

The second piece is a collage
using mostly my own photographs.
I will be taking some art courses
this fall which teach collage
so I am looking forward to learning
more.

Hope you enjoy these images.

Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment